Hydrogen is a colourless, odourless, flammable gas. It is supplied as a permanent gas at high pressure in metal cylinders.
Afrox MSDS no. 994-320
USES AND FEATURES OF HYDROGEN
- Used widely in the metallurgy field because of its ability to reduce metal oxides and prevent oxidation in the heat-treating of certain metals and alloys (reducing atmospheres).
- Used extensively in the manufacture of chemicals, plastics and in petroleum refining.
- Used widely for the hydrogenation of vegetable and animal oils and fats.
- Purified hydrogen is used in gas chromatography as a detector fuel and in semiconductor manufacture.
- Not suitable for inflation of balloons.
Visit the Afrox online store for more information and safe and secure shopping.