Odourless. Generally considered non-toxic at atmospheric pressure. Will not burn, but supports and accelerates combustion. Materials not normally considered combustible may be ignited by sparks in oxygen rich atmospheres.
For more information, contact BOC Gases before using any materials for oxygen service that have not been supplied for use with oxygen and marked accordingly.
Uses and Features
• In combination with a fuel gas such as acetylene, hydrogen or LPG, it is used in welding, cutting, brazing, hardening, scarfing, flame cleaning and heating
• Oxygen is used in the manufacture of steel, glass, ethyleneoxide, methanol, acrolein, titanium dioxide, vinyl acetate and synthesis gas
• Oxygen can be considered for use in any chemical reaction where air is used to give faster reaction time and higher yields. A typical use would be in the treatment of refuse and effluent
• Ultra and high purity oxygen is used in laboratories, in process control operations and in metal analysis instruments and oxidation in semi-conductor production
• Oxygen is widely used in medical treatment of respiratory disorders, anaesthetic and hyperbaric chambers.